Pest infestations can cause individuals and homeowners serious stress and even financial issues. In fact, for termite repairs alone, U.S. resident spent an estimated $5 billion annually.
Another bug problem, however, might not cause too much damage to your property, but can definitely lead to some health issues.
Mosquito problems are one of the most dangerous pest control issues to have on your property because these pests are carriers of some horrible diseases. If you are dealing with these flying insects, you need to seek professional assistance right away. Contact a skilled exterminator and rid your property of these unwanted bugs.
In addition to knowing when to seek help to combat these disease-carrying flying insects, you should know a bit more information about them. Here are some interesting and scary facts about mosquitoes:
- They have been around since the Jurassic period, making them about 210 million years old.
- There are more than 3,000 species.
- Only the female bugs actually bite because the female needs blood to help her eggs develop.
- The average male only live approximately 10 days or less while females can live up to eight weeks.
- Female insects can drink up to eight times its weight in blood.
- More deaths are associated with these flying pests than any other animal on the planet.
- Their wings beat between 300 and 600 times per second.
- They can detect carbon dioxide from 75 feet away.
- Some types actually prefer biting birds and frogs instead of humans.
- They typically fly an estimated 1 to 1.5 miles per hour.
- They can detect a moving target from approximately 18 feet away.
- They are all over the world even in cold environments like the Arctic.
These pests can irritate you for a few seconds as well as infect you with a horrible disease — so always be on the lookout for them. Don’t let mosquitoes ruin your summer or any season for that matter. Take care of your body and your property as best you can. If you are in need of immediate pest control, contact Dixon Pest Services today.