Spring is finally here, and it's a great time to be a homeowner. Your property is going to be looking better than ever, and you'll get to enjoy the outdoors around your property. Backyard cookouts, barbecues, campfires, and any other outdoor event will be a blast for everyone involved.
Don't let something as annoying and gross as bugs become a problem and ruin your springtime enjoyment. Make sure to focus the correct amount of time on pest control and bug guarding this spring. Cockroaches, according to about 500% of people, are gross. Along with being gross, they can cause a lot of damage to your property. If not properly handled, these cockroaches could tear through a part of your home, take a huge chunk out of your bank account in repair money, and ruin your entire spring and summer.
Every year, pests cause about $30 billion in damage to structures and crops around the United States. Hiring a professional exterminator is your best bet for the most effective pest control option. There are a few things you should know about the grossness of cockroaches and pest control.
- A cockroach matures completely after 40 to 125 days, depending on the temperature. In warm areas, there could be an increase of 1,500 roaches a month or 18,000 roaches in a year.
- A female cockroach can produce between four and eight capsules. Each of these capsules can have up to 48 eggs inside them which can equal out to 384 eggs in a life span of one year.
- Termite damage can result in extreme damage to the house. On average, a homeowner who discovers damage from termite colonies will spend about $3,000 on repair costs.
- Every year in the United States, termites damage approximately 600,000 homes.
- According to HomeAdvisor, hiring an insect control service can cost between $109 and $284 depending on the situation. Spending that money up front could end up saving thousands down the line to avoid potential damages.
Your property needs to be cared for. Don't let them roam freely around your property. Get the right care that you and your home deserve.