It is officially fall, and that means temperatures are about to start dropping, colors of leaves will be changing, and many of us are going to want to spend most of our time outside. What people do not normally realize is that this time of year also means that pests are preparing for the quickly approaching cold winter months. They are using this time to search for food, shelter, and warm areas these locations are commonly known to be our homes. The most common pests that are discovered sneaking into homes in the fall include cockroaches, rodents, fleas, ticks, mites, and spiders.
How can you prevent pests from making themselves at home during these seasonal changes? Make sure to follow these fall prevention tips:
- Inspect the exterior of your home and seal any cracks.
- Keep attics, crawlspaces, and garages well insulated and dry because many pests are attracted to moisture.
- Install screens on chimney openings and attic vents as well as on exterior doors and windows.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home and lift it off the ground.
- Keep the inside of your home clean and sanitized. Store food in airtight containers, use garbage cans with sealed lids, and dust often.
- Inspect items that have been left or stored outside before bringing it into your home; this includes packages, boxes and groceries.
Call Dixon Pest Services if you suspect an increase is pest activity this Fall!
Fall Has Arrived! Here are the Best Tips for Fall Pest Prevention
Serving Georgia and Florida