The Dixon Pest Services team continues to be fully operational as we continue to serve our customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. As In recent days, it has been announced that we are moving into a new phase in which efforts to suppress the spread of the virus are balanced with efforts to restart the economy and allow people to get back to work. Accordingly, effective June 1, Dixon Pest Services is resuming interior service for those insect types for which there is no alternative to inside treatments (fleas, German roaches and bed bugs).
Internal / Staffing Protocols
In this new phase, we will continue to follow the protocols mandated by the Centers for Disease Control and our government to maintain the healthiest possible workplace, including:
- Routine environmental cleaning and disinfection of our offices and warehousing facilities.
- Exercising respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene as recommended by health professionals and the CDC.
- Practicing social distancing among staff in our offices.
- Ensuring that employees who feel ill or have symptoms of the virus (and/or who have family members who are ill or have symptoms) stay home from work until they are well.
Protocols for our Technicians
For your added peace of mind, all of our technicians – in the course of protecting your home from pests – will:
- Use hand sanitizer and/or wash their hands frequently throughout the workday.
- Wear gloves and change them at each service call.
- Practice social distancing during all service calls.
What You Can Do
As customers ask if there is anything they could do to lessen the risk of virus exposure, these are the suggestions we make:
- If you have been receiving inside-the-home pest control treatments, allow us to transition you to exclusively exterior service. Most of our quarterly pest control customers prefer this type of service and are completely satisfied with the results.
- Allow us to transition you to hands-free, paperless work-orders and invoices. Instead of the paper leave-behinds, we can email work-orders and invoices to you.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us. In the meantime, we will continue to closely monitor developments and keep you informed. There is nothing more important to us than the health, safety, and peace of mind of our employees and those who use our services. On behalf of my family, thank you for trusting us with the protection and care of your home. – Charles Dixon